Let’s face it everybody- Going Green. Okay, maybe not everyone cares about being eco-friendly, and some uncreative folks still think going green costs too much and will blow out their budget. Going events Eco-friendly is a great idea for the future of our world. Being eco-conscious can save companies from rising production costs on energy bills, and there are several ways to achieve that objective.
1. TRANSPORATION: Members are informed about the most environmental friendly means of transport e.g. Set up a car-pooling system in advance. Avoid using personal vehicles and prefer to use public transportation. As cars add to the emissions released which can hurt the environment. So it’s a good option to use bicycles, hybrid/electric cars benefit of using, them for commuting is that it keeps you healthy and saves money at the same time and it is also the most eco-friendly ride as it does not harm the environment. Using a train instead of a plane. As they are also dangerous for our environment or Use direct flights.
2. ACCOMMODATION: Try to arrange the eco-labelled hotel near the Venue, So that the Participates can reach to the Venue by walking distance. Prefer hotels where, furniture supplier, custom pieces built with environmentally sustainable techniques or materials. They also use almost exclusively recycled items and adopt the technology of photovoltaic panels to supply power to the hotel.
3. FOOD: Prefer vegetarian. This type of diet is much better for the environment as it is simpler. Look for caterers who work with organic and locally grown suppliers, choose things that can be made with locally grown, in-season fruits and vegetables. Select buffet style menus. Use minimum packaging. Use water jugs and glass rather than bottled water. Be sure to recycle as much as you possibly can, Paper products, containers, plastic, etc. Donate your uneaten food and beverages to a local food bank or homeless shelter. Avoid using Paper Napkin.
4. PAPER: Instead of printing out copies of important documents or agendas for meetings, save those documents on a shared drive and pull them up for everyone to view collectively in the meeting. Use paper clips instead of staples. Avoid Color printing generally uses more ink, so print in black and white when you can or to conserve even more ink. Print duplex or double-sided whenever possible. Choose electronic methods such as social media outlets (Facebook,Twitter, etc.) to spread the word about your event. You can use DigiBroc, an online platform to process the mobilizing catalogs and brochures and sending personalized catalogs, manuals and brochures based on use, which is done without harming trees and eco-friendly manner. Additionally MoozUp Lite has been created to introduce the concept of eco-friendly events by reducing printing costs and also to make events around the world paperless.
5. ENERGY EFFICIENCY: Try to conduct conferences at day time. Manage to utilize natural lights instead of turning on task lighting or overhead lights. Many devices have “standby” settings that draw power. Sometimes as much as 15 or 20 watts even when they’re turned off. To make sure that your computer, monitor, printer, photocopy machine, television, etc. are all the way off, pull the plug rather than flipping the switch before heading out the door. To make it easier, try plugging hardware into a power strip with an on/off switch (or a smart power strip), the whole desktop setup can be turned off at once.
6. USE THE REAL STUFF: Normal party ware is full of toxic dyes and plastic, and a goal of any eco-friendly event should be to decrease our dependency on petroleum. Try places that you can find everything from beautiful bamboo plates to recyclable paper tablecloths, the best option is to use less plastic cutlery.
7. GIVE-AWAYS: Don’t give something for sake of giving. The best eco friendly gift to give someone is to dedicate a tree in someone’s honor. Try to give sustainably made gifts. Don’t offer pens in tote bags, offer them separately if needed. Reuse them.
8. PRESENTATIONS: Try not to print all the papers of presentation slides, for the records the slides can be uploaded to webpage later.
9. (3R) REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE: Theses 3R help to cut down on the amount of waste that is thrown away. They conserve natural resources, landfill space and energy and money.
10. . THINK GLOBALLY, ACT LOCALLY: The more items you can source for your event locally, the better it would be. Try to use teleconferencing when possible.